IK Multimedia has announced AmpliTube 3, a massive upgrade to the guitar and bass tone gear-modeling software, now featuring over 160 precisely modeled pieces of vintage and modern gear available in one package.
AmpliTube 3 contains over 160 pieces of gear, more than double the amount of other packages, including models from the most sought-after vintage collections and modern-day workhorses. You’ll get 51 individual stompboxes and effects, 31 amplifier, preamp & power sections, 46 speaker cabinet models, 15 high-end stage and studio mics, and 17 post-amp rack effects. Plus, with the new AmpliTube 3 open architecture, you can add more packages as you need them, like AmpliTube Fender and Ampeg SVX.
More Feel – True Dynamic Response
AmpliTube 3 gear models give you realistic playing feel – not just the tones – but the actual dynamic response of their hardware counterparts. Plus, with IK’s proprietary VRM (Volumetric Response Modeling) technology, you can add ultra-accurate rotating speaker effects, free dual mic placements, plus room ambience and response to customize and craft your tone.
More Power – Creative Inspiration
AmpliTube 3 unleashes more creative power than ever, helping you to easily carve new, truly unique voices for your guitar, bass, keyboard, drum and vocals. IK’s new creative effects let you create sounds you’ve never heard before, and the new “drag & drop” effects’ configuration feature lets you quickly experiment with effects in the signal chain to get that totally unique sound.
- Over 160 gear models included (with nearly 100 added models) from the most sought-after vintage collections to modern-day workhorses.
- 51 Stompbox effects, 31 Amps, 46 Cabinets, 15 Studio Mics and 17 Rack effects.
- 30 brand new models for the most complete anthology of gear.
- 70 re-worked and superior sounding models from packages like AmpliTube Metal and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix.
- A new collection of bass gear models makes it also the most complete package for any bass recording or performance.
- Can be directly expanded with packages like AmpliTube Fender, Ampeg SVX and future packages.
- New preset management and keyword system allows you to organize and quickly recall the massive library of included and custom preset tones.
- New cabinet module inside now provides double miking per cabinet, with freely movable microphones thanks to IK’s VRM (Volumetric Response Modeling) technology.
- New impulse-based reverbs are now used in the entire chain, from spring reverb to room ambience, which ensures the most realistic possible representation of your recording environment.
- New rotary speaker module provides accurate emulation of these types of cabinets.
- All models in AmpliTube 3 have been ultra-accurately “remastered” with IK’s new 3rd generation modeling technology (the same found in AmpliTube Fender), using IK’s exclusive DSM technology (Dynamic Saturation Modeling), then painstakingly compared with the originals in “A/B” style to ensure that the sound you hear from the software is the same sound you’ll be hearing from the gear.
- New creative Effects featuring the new StepFilter, StepSLicer, TapDelay, Rezo and Swell stomp and rack effects that allow you to sculpt your sound and create inspiring rhythmic patterns or amazing drone and pad-like effects.
- New full-stereo path allows you to use the huge collection of analog and digital effects on your vocal tracks, keyboards and drums.
- New Drag & Drop function in the stomp and rack modules now makes experimenting with effects’ combinations a breeze.
- New “MIDI Learn” feature allows you to assign any software control or parameter to an external controller with a simple click on the parameter’s knob.
- New, integrated 4-track recorder/player allows you to capture and layer your ideas quickly and easily right at the moment of inspiration.
Pricing and Availability
AmpliTube 3 will ship within February 2010 as VST, RTAS and Audio Unit plug-in formats and as stand-alone software for Mac OS X and Windows, and will be available in the following versions and MSRP prices*:
- AmpliTube 3 $349.99 / €269.99.
- AmpliTube 3 Crossgrade $269.99 / €199.99 (available to any IK registered users).
- AmpliTube 3 Upgrade $199.99 / €149.99 (available to all previous AmpliTube 2, AmpliTube Metal, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, AmpliTube Fender or Ampeg SVX registered users).
Additionally, AmpliTube 3 will also be available as a complete software + hardware solution for playing and recording in a bundle with the StealthPedal – IK’s wah-style interface and controller for guitar and bass players:
Price: AmpliTube 3 + StealthPedal USD 399.99 / EUR 299.99