Groove Machine is virtual ‘Groove Box’ within your sequencer, perfect for live performance or use it as a hybrid synthesizer, drum sampler or to create loops.
Groove Machine features
- 5 hybrid (Subtractive/FM) synthesizer channels.
- 8 flexible sampler channels, each with 4 sample layers.
- 10 DJ-style effects + EQ and Stutter PER channel.
- Stepsequencer with per-step automation allowing PER step note sculpting of all interface parameters.
- Step / Drum sequencer / Piano roll views.
- Optimized for live performance.
- Internal link system for maximum compatibility with all MIDI controllers.
- Ideal for dub-step, trance, house & hip-hop producers.
Price: Groove Machine for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for the introductory price of USD 99.00 until November 2, 2011 (regular price USD 149.00).
Korg has released version 1.2.0 of iELECTRIBE, a virtual analog groovebox app for iOS.
With the iELECTRIBE, sound creation is easy, fun and intuitive – just as on a vintage analog synthesizer. Simply choose a part (or sound) and touch the 16-step sequencer to quickly build a groove. This easy-to-use interface combines forces with the iPad’s 9.7” multi touch display to offer an intuitive “hardware” feel, sure to inspire and captivate the imagination of any user.
The iELECTRIBE faithfully recreates the historic ELECTRIBE·R’s entire sound engine and sequencer capabilities. In addition, it provides advanced Motion Sequencing, eight supercharged effect types, plus 64 new preset patterns that instantly allow the user to create music in a wide variety of dance and electronic music styles. Get started today!
Changes in iELECTRIBE v1.2.0
- iELECTRIBE can now be played using external USB-MIDI devices.
- An Auto Restore function has been added which enables the last edit status to be automatically restored.
- A Backup function has been added that enables you to make backups of pattern data.
- Now compatible with iOS 4.3.
- A few minor bugs have also been addressed, improving operational stability.
Price: USD 9.99
Nucleus SoundLab has updated Viral Outbreak VSTi to v1.5.
- GrooveBox step-sequencer component now added and integrated into VSTi. With this component you can sequence entire tracks inside Viral Outbreak.
- FX .dll added to package. This can be used to add Viral Outbreak as a VST effect to your tracks.
- 136 brand-new presets by Tasmodia and Jeremy Janzen. Most focus on complex GrooveBox sequences. Additionally, 44 of these presets have been added to the Favorites folder.
- HQ Selector for each layer. When selected, it will oversample 4 times the current layer. This option is saved per preset and also in the project/song.
- New Modulation-Matrix Destinations: All Envelopes Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release levels (All Amp and Mod Envelopes).
- New Modulation-Matrix option: Real-Time (ON by Default). When you have a Mod-Matrix slot that doesn’t need to be processed in Real-Time, you can turn this option to Off and save a lot of CPU usage. The processing will only be done when a new note is played.
- Several new options to the WusikSND format as described by the list below (plus support for the same options on SFZ files).
- Added all the above new WusikSND options to the new Integrated Sampler-Editor.
- Disk-Streaming support for SFZ/WAV files (16 and 24 bits – Layers O1, O2, O3 and O4).
- More SFZ op-codes: PITCH_KEYTRACK=0, PITCH_KEYTRACK=100, LOOP_MODE=ONE_SHOT, LOOP_START, LOOP_END, OSCILLATOR=ON, TRIGGER=FIRST, TRIGGER=LEGATO, TRIGGER=RELEASE, OFFSET, SEQ_POSITION, (aka Round Robin, starts at 1) SW_LAST, SW_DOWN, SW_UP, SW_PREVIOUS, (Key Switches, -1=Default and -2=SustainPedal) LORAND and HIRAND (random sample selection on new note).
- SFZ Export added to the sample-editor.
- New Choke-Group: Stop All. When playing a sound with this group setting, all other notes will stop. In the SFZ support, this is group 999.
- Drag-and-drop of WusikPRST (Preset) files (before it was WAV, WusikSND and SFZ files only).
- New Skin-Type 003. All Mod-Matrix parameters are hidden in the following layers: Master Mix, Master FX Edit and Wavesequencer Editor.
- When trying to load a WusikSND file that is missing, first, the code will try to open the same file-name with the .SFZ extension. If a SFZ file is found at the same location as the original WusikSND file, it gets loaded and the preset re-saved with the SFZ reference instead.