Drumformer was designed to be a comprehensive solution for the broadest range of sound processing tasks, allowing you to easily implement almost any dynamics processing idea you may have.
Drumformer can operate in broadband, 2-band and 3-band modes, with each band having compressor-expander and saturation modules. The sound of the compressor can be defined as “gluey with a ping”, because it instantly creates a “tight and glued together” sound while masterfully emphasizing the transients. The saturation module offers you a choice between six saturation modes, each having a smooth sound and differing harmonic content.
Drumformer features a precise gate module with a round sound and multifaceted controls that is useful when you are processing a multi-tracked drum kit. The built-in parametric equalizer with its spectrum analyzer will also come in handy. The “Clipper” module which is a part of the plug-in allows you to get artistic master output clipping effects.
Drumformer will positively enhance your professional toolset and may help you produce even better recordings faster.
- Broadband, 2- and 3-band operation.
- 3-band compressor/expander.
- 3-band saturation module with 6 modes.
- Broadband gate module.
- Parametric equalizer.
- Output clipper module.
- External side-chain capability.
- Real-time FFT spectrum analyzer.
- Stereo and multi-channel processing.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Mid/side processing.
- Up to 8x oversampling.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
- All sample rates support.
- 16 ms compensated processing latency.
Price: USD 79.95
Voxengo has released version 2.3 of SPAN, a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality.
Changes in SPAN v2.3
- Right/left signal power difference readout added.
- “Filled Spectrum” spectrum display mode switch added.
- Level meter’s “density mode” improved.
- Control surface crosshair option added (can be switched off in the global options).
SPAN for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as a free download.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your sound analysis preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be visually smoothed out for an easier examination.
Changes in SPAN v2.2
- Correlation meter values around -1 are now displayed correctly in the “density” mode.
- Statistics “reset” function now resets statistics of all channels correctly.
- K-metering modes now use fixed 600ms RMS and release time constants.
- Additional visual look variation settings added.
- Underlay color selection was removed – group’s defined color is used now.
- “Hide Meters and Stats” switch added.
- Spectrum display is now more precise in high-frequency region.
SPAN is available to download as a freeware effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
PiF Vocoder allows mono audio input to be modulated by both the internal synthesizer or an external audio source, i.e. the output of an other synth or an audio track.
PiF Vocoder features
- Synth section: 2 x Osc (sine/saw/square and white noise generator), with volume, octave and detune for Osc 2. Pitchbend, 1 to 8 half notes.
- Modulator section with limiter and volume for the audio input.
- Synth or audio signal carrier source. Controls for volume, attack and release of the carrier signal.
- 2-band equalizer with frequency, boost/gain and Q controls. Low- and High-cut.
- Output can be Vocoder, Carrier, or Modulator.
- Output compression with ratio, threshold, attack and release controls.
- FFT/HOP: Select the FFT window size (128-1024) and FFT resolution (32-96).
- GUI by Sink.
PiF Vocoder is available as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit: PiF Media Technologies